ANTISKID AT WORK
Hard wearing, slip resistant specialised flooring system
> Polyurethane Resin Flooring
The new Children’s Hospital kitchen area required 720m2 of seamless specialized polyurethane resin flooring that offered a hard wearing surface, anti-static, slip resistant and resistant to chemicals coating.
The Automatic Guided Vehicle Routes flooring required in excess of 5,000m2 of specialized Polyurethane resin flooring system to meet the specification of providing a safe, hard wearing, anti-static, slip resistant finish including clearly defined colour demarcation where required.
After suitably preparing the concrete substrate both the kitchen and AGV Routes were applied with 5mm Polyurethane screed flooring system and prior to cure in the kitchen area, broadcast scatter suitably sized quartz sand. Finally apply a final coat of coloured polyurethane seal coat to ensure slip resistant finish to meet R12 in the kitchen and R10 rating on the AGV Routes. Apply coloured demarcation line marking where specified.
- Silkafloor Purcem 21 polyurethane screed flooring system
- Silkafloor Purchem 31 coloured polyurethane seal coat
- Date: October 2015 – March 2016
- Location: The New Children’s Hospital, Perth, Western Australia
- Construction: John Holland Pty Ltd
- Contractor: Antiskid Industries